We’re combining butterscotch and outmeal in this crinkles recipe.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated or powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350º. Grease cookie sheet or use silicone baking mat. Beat brown sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
Stir in flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly in center.
Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: