These delicious muffins are very light and healthier than chocolate muffins. The fruit and the soured cream make them really tasty.
- 350g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 142ml carton soured cream
- 2 medium eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 150g punnet blackberries or blueberries
- 2 fresh peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp sparkling water
- demerara sugar to sprinkle
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl, add the melted butter, soured cream, eggs and lemon zest and beat just long enough to give a thick, smooth mixture – don’t over-beat.
- Carefully stir in the fruit and finally the sparkling water, until just evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases – they should be nice and full.
- Sprinkle generously with the sugar and bake for 25-30 mins or until risen and golden. The muffins are best served just warm.
- Will keep fresh in an airtight container in a cool place for 1-2 days.
The silicone mini donut pan manufactured by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Use this silicone mini donut pan to prepare tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely simple to clean. Another product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that fits a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are great for baking cookies and candy. Utilize a silicone baking sheet for anything that might stick.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: