Combining oats and blueberries in this classic muffin recipe!
- 1 cup of oats.
- 1 cup of buttermilk.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ¾ cup of packed brown sugar.
- 1 medium egg, beaten.
- ¼ cup of margarine, melted.
- 1 cup of blueberries.
- Combine the oats and the buttermilk; allow to stand.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Stir well to blend.
- Add the beaten egg and melted margarine to the oat mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill 10-12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: