Delicious mini donuts with chocolate and cherries!
Ingredients For Donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ²⁄³ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kirschwasser (cherry brandy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For Icing:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate,
- roughly chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons kirschwasser (cherry brandy)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Ingredients For Topping:
- maraschino cherries
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using
donut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pans or use non-stick silicone ones.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, instant espresso granules,
and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil, kirschwasser, and
vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until
there are no lumps.
- If using mini-donut pans: Carefully fill each donut indentation ¾ full. Bake for 7–9 minutes
or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack
and let cool completely. If using an electric mini-donut maker: Carefully fill each donut
indentation ¾ full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted
into a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, and
let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a
small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add milk, corn syrup, and chopped chocolate,
stirring slowly to allow chocolate to melt completely.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar. Immediately dip the top of
each donut into the icing and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, whip cream until peaks are just starting to form. Add in kirschwasser, vanilla
extract, and powdered sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Transfer whipped
cream to a piping bag, and pipe onto the tops of the cooled chocolate layer.
- Top each donut with a maraschino cherry and serve immediately. These donuts do not store
well and should be eaten fresh.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: