Delicious donut recipe!
Makes 3 filled donuts
Ingredients For Donuts:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
- optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
Ingredients For Filling:
- 1/3 cup raspberries
Ingredients For Toppings:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used lean body for her protein powder)
- cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder mixed with plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cherries
*f00d tips: to make gluten free, sub with a combo of 3/4 cup oat flour and 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
1) Start by heating up the raspberries in the microwave until softened (about 2 minutes). Set aside and prepare the donuts.
2) Mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms. Separate into 3 equal sized round pieces. Arrange on a plate and microwave ~3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3) Using a large straw, press into the side of the donut and scoop out some of the inside for your raspberry filling. Spoon or pipe the raspberry filling into each donut.
4) In a small bowl, combine scoop protein powder with a little water just until liquid in consistency.
5) Once donuts have cooled, dip tops of donuts into the protein powder glaze. Roll tops in cacao nibs or chocolate chips. Top with a dollop of protein powder mixed with greek yogurt and top off with a cherry.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: