Another muffin recipe using bananas, but this time we also add chopped pecan nuts.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease 12 standard size muffin-pan cups.
- Beat together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs, beating thoroughly after each is added.
- Beat in the bananas until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately stir the flour mixture and the buttermilk into egg mixture until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin pans, filling about two-thirds or use a silicon muffin pan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: