Here’s a delicious recipe for banana muffins.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 large eggs.
- 2 large bananas, ripe, mashed.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Grease 12 muffin cups, line with paper muffin liners or use a silicone mini muffin pan.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the sour milk or buttermilk.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened then gently stir in chopped nuts.
- Spoon banana muffin batter into prepared muffin cups or liners.
- Bake at 400°F for about 15-18 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
- Cool muffins by turning them out onto rack to cool longer.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: