A low-fat muffin that tastes as good as it looks – they’ll keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to a month.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 50g porridge oats, plus 1 tbsp for topping
- 2 medium bananas, the riper the better
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 5 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 150g punnet blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases or use a silicone muffin pan.
- Tip the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Hold back 1 tbsp of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour and 50g oats. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until nearly smooth. Stir the buttermilk, oil and egg whites into the mashed banana until evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly and sparingly with a wooden spoon. The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd fleck of flour still visible, but don’t be tempted to over-mix.
- Tip in the blueberries and give it just one more stir. Divide the mix between the muffin cases – they will be quite full – then sprinkle the tops with the final tbsp of the oats and the rest of he sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until risen and dark golden.
- Cool for 5 mins in the tray before lifting out onto a rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Good Food magazine.
A silicone muffin pan is an valuable tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, simple to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any kind of oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups entirely. The Belgoods Bakeware products at all times use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a genuine joy. Click here for even more details.
The silicone spatula set of 4 sold by Belgoods Bakeware consists of one spatula, one scraper, one spoon and one brush. Utilize this silicone spatula set to scoop, scrape, mix and brush. This silicone kitchen utensil set is incredibly durable, strong and healthy to use. Click on this link for a lot more info.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: