Cereal bars seem like a great deal. They’re fast, easily transported, fairly neat, and healthy! Well, supposedly healthy. Most of the commercially available cereal bars are chock full of unhealthy additives and lots of sugar/corn syrup. However, they absolutely can be healthy, and it just requires a little bit of effort on your part. Plus, you’ll have breakfast for weeks after just one batch! Well, unless you eat them all in one day. No promises.
Banana-Almond-Oatmeal Cereal Bars
- 1/3 cup molasses (or honey or golden syrup)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 soft banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups rolled oats (not ready-made)
- 1 cup millet flakes
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9”x13” pan (preferably metal), or line with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, stir oats, toasted almonds, millet flakes, and sea salt together. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, gently heat the molasses (or honey, if using), butter, mashed banana, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir until butter has melted completely and mixture is mostly smooth.
- Pour oat mixture into butter/molasses mixture and stir until oats are evenly covered with the liquid.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, making sure surface is even. Sprinkle a bit of coarse sugar over top, if you’re so inclined.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool (they will harden as they cool).
- Cut them out in the desired size, allow to cool further, and wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container.
The silicone mini donut pan developed by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Utilize this silicone mini donut pan to bake tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely effortless to clean. Click here for more details. An additional product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that fits a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are excellent for baking cookies and candy. Work with a silicone baking sheet for nearly anything that might stick.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: