Mini donuts are fun! Bake these with your kids, they’ll love it!
Yield: 2 dozen mini donuts
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6 min
For the donuts:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Nutella glaze:
- 1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts or toasted coconut (optional)
Make the donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray the mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and melted butter just until combined.
- Fill each pan cavity approximately 1/3 full (about 1/2 Tablespoon per cavity). Tap the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles and level out the batter.
- Bake the donuts for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched. Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling wrack to cool completely while you make the Nutella glaze.
Make the Nutella glaze:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Nutella and heavy cream until combined. If the glaze is too thick, whisk in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze, shake off any excess (or use a spoon to smooth on the glaze) and immediately sprinkle them with chopped nuts, sprinkles or other garnishes.
The Belgoods Bakeware 12-cup standard size muffin baking pan in vibrant orange measures 12.9 x 9.8 x 1.2 inches. Visit the Amazon product page for more info at amazon.com/Muffin-Pan-Non-Stick-Unbreakable-Dishwasher/dp/B00GO20KC6/. They store very conveniently and won’t dent like metal bakeware can. You can drop it without having to worry that it might break like glass or ceramic bakeware can. These characteristics also make it less hazardous to use, because you do not have to be concerned about sharp edges or broken parts. Start baking muffins like a professional!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: