A low carb baked donut recipe!
- 1/2 cupCoconut flour
- 1/2 tspBaking soda
- 1/8 tspSalt
- 1Whole egg
- 2Egg whites
- 2 tbsLow sugar maple syrup or honey
- 1 tspMaple extract
- 2 tbsUnsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cupSkim milk or milk substitute of choice
- 1/4 cupBaking stevia (or 1/2 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 cupPowdered sugar 
- 1/4 tspMaple extract
- 1 tspWater (add more water by 1/8 tsp if needed)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and mix until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
Divide batter evenly between the 6 donut molds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean, and donuts are set.
Meanwhile, to make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, maple extract, and water until smooth in a small bowl. Use a 1/2 teaspoon measure to spoon the glaze over the top of each donut. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: