Ideal sweet treat!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 6 oz container of non fat organic vanilla bean yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl stir together egg, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and maple syrup.oil. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole. Gently fold everything together until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into a greased 6 donut pan. The batter will be pretty thick and airy.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a minute or two and then flip over onto a cooling rack while still warm. Use a pastry brush to butter your donuts and then dip each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: