Simple recipe for bread filled with cinnamon sugar and fresh apples and topped with more cinnamon sugar and apples.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temp.
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup peeled & finely chopped apples (about 2 small apples)
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Use a silicone loaf pan. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric mixer), mix together sugar and butter until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined. Finally, stir in flour and baking powder and milk. Mix until combined. Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Cover batter with half the diced apples. Press the apples down slightly into the batter.
- Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer.
- Top with remaining diced apples (again, pushing the apples gently into the batter.)
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking pan.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: