Another delicious muffin recipe using apples, oats, raisins and honey. Yummy!
- 1 medium apple, cored and grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of wholewheat flour
- ½ cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or use a silicone muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the buttermilk, the oats, and the raisins.
- In a separate bowl, blend the wholewheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the egg whites and honey to the oat mix, and blend thoroughly.
- Blend the two mixtures together.
- Fold in the grated apple.
- Fill the muffin cups to almost full.
- Bake 350°F (175°C) for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the muffins in a pan for about 10 minutes for to allow for easier removing.
- Serve when required.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: