A special touch to a classic apple muffin recipe: Add pecan topping. Enjoy!
- 350g plain flour
- 25g butter
- 50g dark muscovado sugar, plus 1 tbsp extra for the topping
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 284ml tub soured cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 eating apples (about 140g/50z each), peeled and cored
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- In a small bowl, use your fingertips to rub 50g of the flour together with the butter to make breadcrumbs. Stir through 1 tbsp sugar and the chopped pecans, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the remaining flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt, then stir in the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Coarsely grate two of the apples, then beat together with the soured cream, egg and 2 tbsp milk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and quickly fold through the wet ingredients, adding an extra tbsp milk if really dry. Don’t over-mix or your muffins will be tough. It doesn’t matter if there are lumps of flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases – they should be about two-thirds full – then sprinkle over the pecan topping.
- Thinly slice the final apple, then poke slices into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 mins or until risen, golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
The silicone spatula set of 4 sold by Belgoods Bakeware consists of one spatula, one scraper, one spoon and one brush. Utilize this silicone spatula set to scoop, scrape, mix and brush. This silicone kitchen utensil set is extremely durable, strong and healthy to use. The silicone mini donut pan developed by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Utilize this silicone mini donut pan to bake tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely effortless to clean. Click here for more details.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: