Classic pie recipe: Apple Almond pie.
- 1 ea Pie crust, single crust
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Corn starch
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 c Corn syrup, light or dark
- 1/4 t Almond extract
- 2 c Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 c Almonds, toasted and sliced
- 1 ea Apple, peeled & sliced thin
- 2 T Almonds, toasted and sliced
Prepare pie crust for filled one-crust pie using 9-inch pan. Flute edge.
Heat oven to 375F. Reserve 2 T sugar. In medium bowl, combine remaining sugar and corn starch.
Add eggs, beating well to combine. Stir in butter, corn syrup and almond extract. Mix in apples and almonds. Pour into pie crust-lined pan. If desired, garnish with apple slices overlapped in a circle around edge of pie. Sprinkle center with almonds. Sprinkle reserved sugar over top.
Bake at 375F for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
Store in refrigerator.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: