Delicious bonbons with almonds.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 (7 ounce) package almond paste (7- or 8-ounce size)
Almond Glaze (recipe follows):
- Sliced almonds — toasted, if desired (see Notes)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons milk (4 to 5 teaspoons)
Heat oven to 375º. Beat flour, butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Cut almond paste into 1/2-inch slices; cut each slice into fourths.
Shape 1-inch ball of dough around each piece of almond paste. Gently roll to form ball. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and bottom is golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Dip tops of cookies into Almond Glaze. Garnish with sliced almonds.
Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: