A traditional and classic all American apple pie recipe!
- 1/4 c Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c Granulated sugar
- 1 tb All-purpose flour
- 1 ts Lemon zest; grated
- 1/4 ts Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
- 6 md Apple; prepared as directed
- 1 c Raisins
- 1 Pie crust (9 inch)
- 1 lg Egg; beaten
- 1 ts Granulated sugar
Recipe by: Healthy Meals in Minutes
Preparation Time: 1:00
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with vegatab cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Add apples to sugar mixture; stir until coated. Stir in raisins. Spoon into prepared plate.
- Place piecrust on top of filling. Trim edges, pressing against edge of pan. Using a sharp knife, cut steam vents in piecrust. To glaze, lightly brush piecrust with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until piecrust is golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Place on wire rack and cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: