Crunchy muffins with a touch of lemon!
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- zest of 1 medium lime
- zest of 1/2 medium orange
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- juice of 1 medium lime
- juice of 1/2 medium orange
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 tablespoons milk
TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease or line 12 standard muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the three zests. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, milk, eggs, and three juices. Add to the flour mixture. Stir together, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full (using about 3 tablespoons of batter per cup).
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE GLAZE:
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until thoroughly combined. If necessary, add more milk until the glaze is the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled muffins.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: