Very sweet treat!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 1/2 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine butter and bittersweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through baking soda) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Combine granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl; stir with a whisk until well combined.
Add butter mixture and milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove muffins from oven). Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: