These muffins are ideal for a healthy breakfast.
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.1 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.05 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup non-dairy buttery spread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, xanthan gum, and next 5 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
Place buttery spread and sugars in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in applesauce. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in carrot, coconut, and raisins.
Place 16 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray or use a silicone muffin pan. Spoon batter into prepared cups, and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: