Surprise muffin recipe using a banana nut mix.
- 1 (6.4 ounce) package banana nut muffin mix
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fig preserves or strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates or raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine muffin mix, buttermilk, and egg; stir just until moist. Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup, spreading batter to cover bottom of cups.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons fig preserves and 1 teaspoon dates into center of each cup; divide remaining batter evenly among muffin cups to cover fruit. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: