Muffin recipe for fans of spices and nuts!
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (170g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) chopped pecans
- turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sour cream, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Stir in the pecans. If you like, save some pecans to top off the muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, using about 3 tablespoons of batter to fill each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle a pinch of turbinado sugar and a few chopped pecans on top of each muffin.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: