These oat muffins with nuts and seeds are a great breakfast idea!
- 1 & 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups (124g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 (167g) cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans, almonds, hazelnuts), toasted if you prefer
- 1/4 cup seeds (such as sunflower and pumpkin), toasted if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 12 standard muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the oats. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 portions, alternating 2 portions of milk. Mix just until combined. Stir in the nuts and seeds.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full using about 3 tablespoons of batter per cup.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: