These donuts look plain, but wait until you bite into them…
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 teaspoons jam or preserves
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10 cavities of a standard muffin pan.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter, leaving about 3 tablespoons of batter in the bowl.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the center of each filled muffin cup. Top with just enough of the reserved batter to cover the jam.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the muffins are set. Set aside to cool slightly.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Brush the melted butter over the tops of each muffin. Dip each muffin, top-side down, into the cinnamon-sugar to coat.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: