Great recipe for a healthy snack: Gingerbread muffins!
- ½ cup oil or melted butter
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ cup yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups flour (spooned in)
- 1 cup whole wheat
- or spelt flour (spooned in)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Coarse sugar for topping (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, molasses and honey.
Whisk in the egg then yogurt and milk.
In another bowl combine the flours, baking soda, salt and spices.
Add wet to dry ingredients and stir gently just until combined. (Batter will be lumpy).
Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with coarse sugar (if using).
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. (Muffins baked in a dark pan will cook more quickly).
Let cool in tins for about 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: