Classic muffin recipe with fresh apples and cinnamon.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Stir in chopped apple and melted butter. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until mixed (batter will be very stiff).
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Mix chopped nuts, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon to make topping; sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and serve warm.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: