Healthy muffin recipe using figs and walnuts.
- 6 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sliced dried figs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, wheat bran, and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium; cook 90 seconds or until browned and fragrant, swirling pan frequently. Combine butter, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, banana, and egg in a bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Add figs, walnuts, and cinnamon to muffin batter. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees F for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: