These cranberry orange muffins are a great choice for a simple breakfast treat or a snack!
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (133g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup (113) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (170g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- sanding sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line or grease 12 standard muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine the cooled butter, sour cream, eggs, and orange juice. Add to the flour mixture, and mix just until combined.
- Gently stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, using about 3 tablespoons of batter per cup. If desired, sprinkle the tops of each muffins with sanding sugar.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: