Cookie butter brings great flavor to this muffin recipe!
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 1 & 3/4 cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (140g) cookie butter (such as Biscoff or Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
TO MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter, and mix with a pastry blender, a fork, or your fingers until the mixture forms crumbs. Set aside.*
TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line or grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and cookie butter until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with two portions of milk. Mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, using about 3 tablespoons of batter in each cup. (A 3-tablespoon scoop works very well for this.)
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the muffin batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minute, or until the muffins are lightly browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: