One of the most, if not the most, traditional muffin recipes: blueberry muffins!
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/4 cups sugar and the butter until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; beat well. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Mash 1/2 cup blueberries and stir into batter. In a medium bowl, toss the remaining blueberries in the remaining flour. Stir into batter and spoon into baking cups, distributing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: