Breakfast muffin recipe!
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in bacon and jalapeño; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
If you like this, feel free to share it: