Delicious and healthy muffin recipe with apples and walnut bran!
- 1 cup toasted wheat bran (see Note)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and walnuts; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, egg substitute, applesauce, and molasses; stir with a spoon until well mixed. Add yogurt mixture to wheat bran mixture and stir with a spoon just until blended. Gently fold in the apple.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden and spring back when lightly touched.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: