Another traditional muffin recipe combining apples and nuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or use a silicone non-stick muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in chopped apple and melted butter. Add apple mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. (Batter will be very stiff.) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter, distributing evenly.
- Combine walnuts, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from muffin tin. Serve warm.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: