Classic muffin recipe with apples and cinnamon.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canola, grape seed or olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples)
Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a silicone muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir gently until almost combined.
Add the chopped apples and gently fold them into the batter.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes.
*To sour milk, add ½ Tbsp. of vinegar to your measuring cup and fill to the ½ cup mark with milk. Let sit 5 minutes.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: