Great mini muffin recipe for your toddlers!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or other mild vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated raw sweet potato or carrot
- 1 apple, coarsely grated (don’t bother peeling it)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 24 mini or 12 regular muffin cups with paper liners or use silicone mini muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients along with the sweet potato, apple, raisins and walnuts and stir just until everything is combined.
- Spoon into lined muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes (for mini muffins) or 20-25 minutes (full-sized muffins), until the muffins are golden and springy to the touch. Tip the muffins in the pan to help steam to escape. Makes 1-2 dozen muffins.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: