A traditional muffin recipe in a cute mini version!
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour (or use half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tespoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted, or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen (don’t thaw them) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, melted butter or oil and egg. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Gently stir with a spatula, adding the blueberries after you’ve stirred a few strokes. Mix the batter just until it’s blended. Don’t worry about getting all the lumps out – over mixing will make your muffins tough.
- Fill your prepared muffin cups almost to the top and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and springy to the touch. Makes about 3 dozen.
- To bake these as full-sized muffins, simply fill sprayed or paper-lined muffin cups (the regular sized ones) and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: