Donuts with the freshness of lemon zest and juice and the earthiness of rosemary.
For the doughnuts:
- 1 c white whole-wheat flour
- 1 c cake flour
- ¾ c white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp minced rosemary
- 2 large eggs
- juice from one lemon half
- 1 c milk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a mini-doughnut baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, blend the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and rosemary with a whisk.
3. Add the eggs, milk and olive oil and mix until just combined.
4. Spoon about one tablespoon of batter into each mini-doughnut mold.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and cool completely.
7. To make the glaze, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the honey and lemon juice.
9. Dip the top of each mini-doughnut in the glaze and return to cooling rack. Glaze will remain soft and sticky.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: