Delicious mini donut recipe: Mini blueberry pie donuts!
Ingredients For Crust:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour flour*
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée (or baked sweet potato)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Ingredients For Filling:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum mixed with ~1 tbsp water until a gel forms (or you can sub cornstarch or arrowroot if you don’t have xantham gum)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup fresh blueberries
*F00d tips: for a gf version, replace flour with a combo of 3/4 cup gf oat flour and 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
1) In a small sauce pan combine all filling ingredients and stir continually until mixture starts to boil. Continue stirring until mixture thickens (about 5-8 min). Stir in fresh blueberries then remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the crust.
2) In a medium bowl combine all crust ingredients and mix well. Use hands to fully incorporate all ingredients until a dough forms. Get out 3 small silicone cups and press pieces of the dough into the bottom. Form a small pie crust shape in each silicone cup. Make sure to save some dough for the lattice topping.
3) Spoon a spoonful of the blueberry pie filling into each crust. I had about 2 tbsp leftover. With the leftover dough roll out 9 thin ropes and drape on the tops of each mini pie. Microwave the pies for 2 minutes then let cool before enjoying.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: