Great mini donut recipe for chocolate lovers!
Ingredients For Donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¹⁄³ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For Ganache:
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (at least 60 percent cocoa), chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using donut pans, preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil, sour cream, and vanillaextract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.
- If using mini-donut pans: Carefully fill each donut indentation ¾ full. Bake for 7–9 minutesor until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rackand let cool completely. If using an electric mini-donut maker: Carefully fill each donutindentation ¾ full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick insertedinto a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, andlet cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat the cream, sugar,and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and immediately pour theboiling cream over the chocolate. Allow to stand, without stirring, for a few minutes. Then,stir gently (you do not want to incorporate air into the ganache) with a spoon or whisk untilsmooth.
- Allow ganache to cool on the counter for about 10 minutes, stirring as needed, until it coolsand slightly thickens. Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easycleanup. Dip the top of each donut into the ganache and transfer to a wire rack.
- Let donuts set for 5 minutes and then serve. Donuts can be stored in an airtight container forup to 3 days but are best when eaten fresh.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: