Healthy glazed donut recipe!
FOR THE DONUTS
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the egg, apple butter, applesauce, almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla until well-mixed. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg until well-mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and stir until just combined—do not overmix.
- Fill the prepared donut pan with the batter, making sure to leave the center hole uncovered, and only filling the spaces up about halfway.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are just turning golden, and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the donut comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and immediately remove the donuts to a wire cooling rack.
- To glaze: whisk together all glaze ingredients until very smooth. Once donuts have cooled completely, dip in the glaze, and let set up on a wire rack until solidified.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: