Another healthy donut recipe using strawberries.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, You can use 1 3/4 cups of whole wheat pastry flour if you don’t have oat flour
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree, I used organic strawberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon strawberry or raspberry extract, optional, vanilla extract will also work
- 1-2 tablespoons strawberry puree, start with one, you want a thick glaze
- 1 cup confectioner sugar, You won’t need it all, it makes the dipping of the donuts better when you have extra glaze in the bowl. I ended up throwing about half of it away
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare pan by spraying donut pan with cooking oil and dusting with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, strawberry puree, extract, and oil. Add flours, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until combined. Fill each donut hole 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. Cool for about 10-20 minutes and remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix glaze ingredients and dip each donut. Let it set and serve.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: