Very tasty recipe! Donuts with vanilla cream filling.
Ingredients For Donuts:
– 3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
– 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (or baked sweet potato)*
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp baking powder
– optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
Ingredients For Vanilla filling:
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1 tbso vanilla protein powder (I used lean body for her protein)
Ingredients For Cherry glaze topping:
– 1/4 cup cherry flavored elli quark (or add cherries to plain greek yogurt)
– unsweetened shredded coconut
* tip: for extra fluffy donuts, add 1 egg + apple cider vinegar and reduce pumpkin to 1/4 cup
** tip: to make gluten free, sub with a combo of 3/4 cup GF oat flour and 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
1) Combine all ingredients to make donuts. Mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms. Separate dough into 3 equal sized
portions and microwave 3 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside to let cool.
2) Once cool, use a large straw and press into the side of each donut to scoop out the middle of the donuts for the filling. Pipe vanilla filling into donuts (save some for topping). Dip tops of
donuts in cherry glaze and sprinkle with coconut. Top off with a dollop of the leftover vanilla filling and a cherry and enjoy.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: