Healthy gluten-free strawberrie donuts!
- 1 2/3 cup gluten free multi purpose 1:1 flour (Bob’s Redmill works great)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or 1/2 xylitol for reduced sugar option.
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries (see notes)
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup light coconut cream or milk (a few tbsp extra to thicken batter if need be)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- optional add ins – strawberry extract or a small spoon of dried berries (I use a few tbsps)
GREEK YOGURT GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or non dairy coconut greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp strawberries preserves
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar (more sweet add the 3/4 cup, less sweet only use 1/2 cup sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your donut pan and set aside.
- Next combine your sugar, salt, baking powder and flour into a bowl, mix well.
- Cut the stems of your strawberries and add them to the blender along with your egg, cream, milk.
- Once blended, turn the blender on low and slowly add in your flour/sugar mixture.
- You don’t want it to get stuck at the bottom so blend a little at a time.
- If batter is to thick add a few more tbsp of milk or cream. Add in your extracts and honey last.
- Blend until smooth.
- Next carefully pour (from the blender) the batter into each donut hole. If you want them to be a perfect shape, you will need to use a pastry bag or ziplock bag to fill instead. But I found that the blender spout still works great!
- This batter filled around 7-8 donut holes.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 to see if they are golden brown.
- While donuts are baking, you can fix the glaze.
- Simple blend together all the ingredients together in blender or food processor. Transfer to bowl after.
- Once donuts are baked, remove from oven and let them cool for 5 -10 minutes.
- Then flip them over onto parchment paper. You can brush your glaze on top and serve right away OR keep the glaze separate until ready to serve.
FOR THE GLAZE: Blend together in blender or food processor then brush on baked donuts.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: