Great recipe! Donuts with a ton of flavor!
- 8 oz. shelled pistachios
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons ghee or butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add pistachios to a food processor and pulse until ground into a meal / gritty flour (makes 1 cup pistachio meal). In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pistachio meal, almond flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt.
In another small bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, zest and butter. Slowly combine wet with dry, folding batter to combine well.
Using a pastry bag, pipe batter into well-greased mini doughnut pan, making sure each is three-quarters full. Bake for exactly 10 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove cakes from the pan. Cool on a wire rack before glazing.
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond or hempmilk
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together first four ingredients until smooth and well-combined. Dip doughnuts into glaze and set on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Before glaze has set, sprinkle each doughnut with pistachio. Serve &/or eat immediately!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: