Delicious low carb donut recipe!
Ingredients For Doughnuts:
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener or other erythritol-based sweetener
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cups powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a standard doughnut pan well. You will need to bake the doughnuts in batches unless you own two doughnut pans.
In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
In a large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until well combined. Beat in eggs, maple extract and stevia extract.
Beat in half of the almond flour mixture, then beat in the almond milk. Beat in the remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
Fill the cavities of the doughnut pan about 3/4 full, smoothing the top of the batter. Bake 14 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and top is firm to the touch.
Let cool in pan at least five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with remaining batter. You should get 12 to 14 doughnuts.
For the glaze, whisk sweetener, almond milk and maple extract together in a shallow bowl.
Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze (alternatively, you can spread glaze over tops of doughnuts).
Sprinkle with chopped bacon and let set about 15 minutes.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: