Great donut recipe! Low carb! These are super delicious, but the flavor really depends on whether you choose applesauce or mashed banana. They’re both great!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour (see this post for tips on working with coconut flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon (more or less, depending on how much you like cinnamon)
- 2 egg whites (or 1 Tablespoon egg replacer with 4 Tablspoons of water, for a vegan option)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana, applesauce, or pumpkin (see note above)
- sweetener to taste, optional (I used one packet of stevia)
Fire up your donut maker, or preheat your oven to 350F.
Mix all the ingredients together. Spoon into you greased donut maker or pan. You may end up with more than or less than four donuts. Just remember to leave some leftover batter to ice the donuts. If you don’t have a donut maker or pan, you need to get one. So in the mean time, I bet a muffin pan would work, but adjust baking times accordingly. Cook in your donut maker for about 5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, flipping about halfway through. Alternately, bake in the oven for 8-11 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. You’ll have to experiment with baking times for a muffin tin.
Meanwhile, thin out remaining batter with almond milk (or milk of choice) until desired consistency is reached. Once cooled slightly, spread icing onto the donuts. You know what to do next.
Just don’t burn your fingers getting these babies out of the donut maker because you can’t contain yourself anymore.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: