Very original heart shaped donut recipe!
Ingredients For Donuts:
– 3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
– 1/2 cup pumpkin purée**
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
– 1 tbsp baking cocoa
– optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
Ingredients For Filling:
– 1/4 cup raspberries
– 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder of choice (I used lean body for her protein)
– water/milk, as needed
*Tip: to make gluten free, sub with a combo of 3/4 cup GF oat flour and 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
**Tip: to keep it vegan you can try subbing a vegan protein powder for the filling
1) Mix ingredients to make donuts and mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
2) Separate into 3 equal pieces and form into heart shapes. I was able To make 3. Arrange on a plate and microwave ~3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3) Using a large straw, press into the side of the donut and scoop out some of the inside for your filling.
4) In a small bowl, microwave raspberries until soft. Mix with vanilla protein powder and water/milk as needed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pipe filling into each donut.
5) For the glaze, I mixed a little protein powder with a little water and dipped the tops of the donuts. Decorate as desired and enjoy!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: