Easy and delicious recipe!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I used a stevia blend, monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T Saigon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1 flax egg (can sub for 1 large egg if not vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T drippy almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
For the protein frosting:
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (see recommendations above)
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1-2 T nut butter of choice (optional)
- Milk, to thin out batter
For the cinnamon coconut butter frosting:
- 4-6 T coconut butter, melted
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice
- Dairy free milk, to thin out
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 12 count doughnut pan or muffin pan with oil/butter/cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract and egg/flax egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed.
- Transfer the batter to the greased doughnut pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes on clean. Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, frost.
To make the frosting:
- Combine all the ingredients and using a tablespoon, add milk until a relatively batter is formed. Drizzle over the doughnuts, one at a time. For the cream cheese one, allow to sit at room temperature until it softens. Mix with granulated sweetener and cinnamon. Spread over each doughnut.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: