Try this gluten free donut recipe. I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 2 ripe bananas, cooked in the microwave for two minutes, or on the stove
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- generous 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl, mix together your almond meal and potato flour. Add all the other ingredients (I shan’t pad out the instructions by making up steps) except for the baking powder and apple cider vinegar, and mix thoroughly until you have a nice batter.
3. Add the baking powder and apple cider vinegar, and stir through once the reaction has subsided.
4. Divide the mixture evenly into your greased donut pan. The recipe makes eight normal sized donuts, so if, like me, you have a six hole donut pan, you gon’ have to do repeat cooks.
5. Cook the donuts for 20 minutes, and allow to cool before removing from the donut holes.
6. Icing time: there are no set rules to how you should ice these babies, but here are a few hot tips: A light spray of olive oil followed by copious cinnamon sugar, Some yoghurt mixed with beetroot powder, (lets be real, beetroot powder is for the pink colour and nothing else) freeze dried strawberries, melted Loving Earth chocolate or peanut butter mixed with a bit of maple syrup.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: